Friday, September 02, 2005

"Unacceptable"

The President is right, the response to the situation in New Orleans, and possibly the Gulf Coast has been unacceptable. I sit here comfromtable in Richmond and can only imagine the heartache and misery on the Gulf Coast. But I was getting angry and depressed at the elected officials letting the situation in New Orleans spin totally out of control.

The National Guard is arriving with trucks of food and guards. They should have been rolling in Wednesday.

I recognize the enormous difficulty in getting the relief to where it is needed. Logistics must be a nightmare. However, I got tired of hearing the reading from the press guidance in the "plan" on how many tons of stuff was being moved. If it ain't getting to the people who need it, I don't care how much you are moving.

Maybe Bush finally applied the leadership needed. Let's hope so. It is about time someone acted like he was in charge in LA. I think Alabama and Mississippi fared much better because a couple of governors acted like they were up to the task.

"The surge is starting to work" is a great phrase. Just heard it on the radio. Tell that to the mother who delivered a child on I-10 after waiting in 96F heat for days. I'm sure she will be happy.

No comments: