Thursday, May 11, 2006

A new passion

I've enjoyed shooting for many years, but never did a lot. I was always too busy. Over the past year, a couple of my kids have taken us to a firing range just for fun. My pistol-shooting was atrocious, in part because my advancing years and bifocals have dimmed my ability to see the front sight. A couple of months ago, I purchased an inexpensive .22 semi-automatic and have been a regular at a firing range. Trying to teach myself how to shoot with two-hand stances and how to get the right sight picture has been a hoot. .22 ammunition is inexpensive and I can bang away with 500 rounds for less than the price of gas to get me to the range. You meet lots of nice folks at the range. At least they are polite. But I guess if you are in a place where everyone has at least one firearm it tends to be a polite place.

Something to do when the fish aren't biting.

No comments: