Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Home Un-Handy Man

Today was a typical day of fun in home repairs. A simple trip to Lowe's to get the parts to fix a dripping tub faucet turned into a great idea to fix the faucet, replace the showerhead and finally get around to getting four doors keyed identically. Any fumble fingers can replace springs and gaskets in a shower. I proved that I'm not just any fumble fingers and there was a second trip to Lowe's to replace the washers that went down the drain. While there, they had a showerhead on the clearance rack, which was just a few aisles from the door locks. After the second attempt the faucet doesn't drip and the shower head works with no leaks. Of course there was the third trip to get the hole saw since the deadbolts I bought didn't fit the holes in the doors. My wife asked if Lowe's had had a parking place with my name on it. Didn't tell her what they charged to entertain me.

I hope I'm not the only person around that can turn a $4, 20 minute repair into an all day affair costing $120.

No comments: