Saturday, March 19, 2005

Made In America?

Now the list of imports seems to have grown. Instead of our laws made in the US, could they beMade in Jamaica?. I'm opposed to the death penality in most cases. I can make exceptions for perpetrators of particularly heinous crimes like the DC Sniper, child molesters, mass murderers and treason. I may even agree with the ruling in Roper v Simmons, however, the law used by the Courts must be US law, the US Constitution. I'm editing this a bit. After presuming that the esteemed justices took an oath to defend the constitution, I looked up their oath. Apparently they don't swear to abide by the very constitution that placed them in office:

"I, [NAME], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as [TITLE] under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God.''

So, none of them swore to look at US Law. We can be adjudicated by the law of Ghana if it suits the judges.

No comments: